We're looking for an adaptable and creative web developer with experience in a small team and excellent interpersonal skills to lead on taking our website and digital products to the next level.
This role is 100% remote, you'll be working with a team based accross Europe.
- Implementing interactive storytelling experiences to showcase our journalism in new and innovative ways.
- Architecting and developing features for the front and back-end of the website, prioritizing performance, maintainability, readability and overall code quality.
- Supporting other members of the web development team on technical issues.
- Working with the web team to propose, build, and deliver dynamic and adaptable solutions to day-to-day editorial challenges.
- Owning and improving the web development environment to unlock productivity for the whole team.
- Working to improve the website for our users, and stakeholders, including potentially conducting user research and prioritizing stakeholder feedback.
- Constantly striving for excellence by bringing innovative ideas and new technologies and processes to the web team.
You are passionate about creating beautiful, effective user experiences on a variety of web platforms using modern web development technologies. You care about clean code, and understand the importance of good documentation. You have experience working in a team of web developers in a product-oriented environment. Your technical skills are supplemented by excellent communication and interpersonal skills and are you able to build positive and productive relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders across the organization. You are a positive force for continual improvement and innovation in the team.
Technical skills required:
- Proven technical expertise (5 years+ is ideal) in various areas of web development and a track record of successful project delivery.
- Experience developing with modern, clean PHP on a web application or CMS.
- Experience using distributed source-control such as Git.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices.
- Ability to advocate for clean, readable, maintainable, documented code within a multi-person team.
Soft skills required:
- Proven collaboration and communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to mentor/advise other team members to help them grow.
- Proven ability to navigate cross-organization boundaries and build strong relationships with other engineering teams.
- Ability to improve team productivity by helping motivate the team and create buy-in for technical changes to improve overall performance.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver projects to realistic deadlines.
- Ability to communicate well in English both written and spoken.
- Experience building apps using a headless CMS or consumption of a content API (Wordpress Rest API would be ideal).
- Experience developing features for a PHP-based CMS (e.g Wordpress) using modern development techniques.
- Experience working in a security-first environment.
- Experience designing and implementing code-review processes and continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
Durée indéterminée (CDI)
Poste à pourvoir à une date précise : Tout de suite
Lieu : Télétravail
The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is a growing, global nonprofit media organization that is reinventing investigative journalism for the public good. By developing and equipping a global network of investigative journalists and publishing their stories, we expose crime and corruption so the public can hold power to account. We see a future where organized crime and corruption are drastically reduced and democracy is strengthened. Our global team includes editors, researchers, data engineers, security specialists, administrators, technologists, and strategists, each with areas of in-depth expertise.
Bosnie Et Herzogovine
Statut : Organisation ou association
On peut pas faire le bouleau à ta place (Alfred de Musset)